Toutle Christian Fellowship has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Him and be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only to their over-emphasis of the doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the Body of Christ.
* We believe the only true basis of Christian fellowship is Christ's (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess, and without which we
have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
* We believe worship of God should be spiritual. Therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
* We believe worship of God should be inspirational. Therefore, we give
great place to music in our worship.
* We believe worship of God should be intelligent. Therefore, our services are designed with great emphasis upon the teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshipped.
* We believe worship of God should be fruitful. Therefore, we look for His love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have been truly worshipping Him.
* We believe in all the fundamental doctrines of the evangelical Protestant church. For example, we believe in the inerrancy of Scripture and that the Bible,
both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God.
* We believe that God is eternally existent in three separate persons:
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
* We believe that God the Father is the personal, transcendent,
and sovereign creator of all things.
* We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His vicarious death on the Cross, was bodily resurrected, ascended back to the right hand of God the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us. After Jesus ascended to Heaven, He poured out His Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world, an obligation shared by all believers today.
* We believe that all people are by nature separated by God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, trusting in Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed with the Holy Spirit. All his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes
a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
* We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Scriptures, and that they are valid for today if they are exercised within the Scriptural guidelines. We as believers are to covet the best gifts, seeking to exercise them in love that the whole Body of Christ might be edified. We believe that love is more important than the most spectacular gifts, and without this love all exercise of spiritual gifts is worthless.
* We believe that church government should be simplistic rather than a complex bureaucracy and we depend on the Holy Spirit to lead, rather than fleshly promotion.
* We await the pre-tribulation rapture of the church, and we believe that the second coming of Christ with His saints to rule on the earth will be personal, pre-millennial, and visible. This motivates us to fervent prayer, holy living, heartfelt worship, committed service, diligent study of God's Word, regular fellowship, participation in believer's
baptism by immersion, and in Holy Communion.
* We seek to teach the Word of God in such a way that its message can be applied to an individual's life, leading that person to greater maturity in Christ.